Friday, August 20, 2010

My Home Computer has been hit with a Virus that I can't clear up on my own. what can I do? Here

At 1st my comp completely crashed. I was able to run ad-aware to keep it from crashing but it hasn't completely fixed the current problem. I have tried downloading Trend AV, but when I run the program, it says the download was corrupt and cant complete the scan. I have downloaded it directly for the internet on that comp, and I have downloaded it from my office comp to a CD, %26 run it online... Same thing every time. Then I tried AVG, but the same issues presented themselves. I don't know what else to do. Is there anyway I can fix this problem without paying someone else to do it. Oh ya, I have tried to run defrag it crashed the system. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall programs and it crashes the system. I think the offending entity is from ''Adware'' (Not ad-aware) and somthing about surfnet. When ever I do manage to get on-line, I am inundated with a new batch of viruses. I mange to clean them up with Ad-Aware and have to start over. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.



My Home Computer has been hit with a Virus that I can't clear up on my own. what can I do? Here's the deal...agv



Try doing all the scans and removals while you are in Safe Mode. Hit F8 when you start your computer and select Safe Mode - Let it boot and then run all the scans that you can. Delete Everything the scans find, reboot into safe mode again and do it all over again. You will need some other software too - Try Spybot Search and Destroy - www.safer-networking.org. It finds things that Ad-Aware doesn't, and vice-versa for that matter, so use them both. If all else fails you will have to Format and Re-Install, good news is that if you can get into safe mode then you can back your stuff up. Hope this helps...

No comments:

Post a Comment