Friday, August 20, 2010

Can a website close my Internet connection?

I have encountered this on both my cable modem and Sprint wireless card connected to my laptop. I have run spyware, adware, virus scans, hijackthis and seem to be clean. I am not sure how exactly to describe it. The website knocks my connection off. I have a very high signal from Sprint and have a different ISP for my cable modem. In general could an ISP knock-off(close) their costumers connection momentarily depending on what and where their costumers click-on?



Can a website close my Internet connection?photoshop



Well they would only do this because you gained access to sites that they prefer you don't but they would send you a letter talking about that ... therefore, no they prolly didn't just knock you off .. most likely your memory in yoru computer is a little slow that would be my best guess .. gl on finding your problem..



Can a website close my Internet connection?symatec



no. they can but they really don't do that. it could be that you have a virus and your firewall is blocking your connection because the stupid virus is trying to go online. do some scanning but make sure you update the virus database. what good is the firewall or antivirus if you don't keep it up to date.... goodluck!
YES, definitely.



The ISP's usually don't, but under some load conditions and/or long ''idle'' times and/or extremely long download times, they can, and do, disconnect and force you to reconnect.



ALSO



Websites, can and do, usually for the same reasons.



You will USUALLY get an on-screen message stating ''connection closed by remote server'' or something similar.
Depending on the site I suppose any site could do this inadvertently, via a hacker trying to sabotage the site by stopping incoming traffic to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment