Sunday, August 15, 2010

Virtual Memory?

Last week I posed several questions about the running of my computer...all but one I have solved with your help.Thankyou .I have the following installed.... antvirus ccleaner...adware...spy...protection...a... have bought some ram...my computer is now running like a dream...except for the fact I am quite often still getting..Virtual Memory Low...I only use my computer for fun...learning and emailing pals...I do not download much at all...mostly watch video clips and such on BBC web.Why am I still getting these messages ?Does any one know.....Simple answers Please...I have a simple mind as far as computers are concerned.



Virtual Memory?anti virus protection



1st i must tell u what is virtual memory



the virtual memory "windows call it page file" is a part of ur hard drive used by the proccessor as a memory"Ram"



but it's off course much slower



the reason that u get this message can be 1 of the following:



1-the main memory u have is small for ur windows



2-u configured ur windows to use a limited amount of hard drive space



3-ur hard drive is nearly full in the windows installion drive



Virtual Memory?antivirus



Virtual Memory is like RAM only it is stored on the hard drive when the computer is running so there for your computer (windows) makes so much space on the hard drive for the computer to use for running software and all.. once you restart the computer or turn it off all things that were in the RAM or VM are lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment