Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Should I delete this file?

I've been going to my control pannel/ add or remove programs, and I've been getting rid of programs that look unfimiliar to me becuase lately I have been having a huge spyware/adware problem. I've come across this Bar888 and I've never heared of it before and have no idea what it is. So my question is what is Bar888 and should I get rid of it? Thank you.



Should I delete this file?hijack this



scan your computer with a spyware program and an antivirus program



Should I delete this file?liveupdate



I Googled it, and it sounds like adware that should be removed. Below is the link I read on it. It has some instructions for removal, though they appear a little complicated.



Good luck.
Toolbar888 General Description:



Toolbar888 is a malicious spyware program. Toolbar888 installs itself silently on your PC, possibly as part of a wider malware infestation. This program will install an Internet Explorer toolbar, and will deliver enormous numbers of popup adverts. Toolbar888 creates a huge security hole in your PC, and transmits the keywords that you search for to a 3rd party server. Toolbar888 is also known as FreeProdTB.



Removal tool available at http://www.spywareremove.com/removeToolb...
sounds like you should get rid of it. download and install adware removal program such as spybot or ad-aware. they should be able to remove it. after that scan your computer with an antivirus tool.
run an ad-aware program and an anti virus program

No comments:

Post a Comment