Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Why do people ask for free software?

It's annoying and aggravating when they're asking for free software or how do they run something off of their hard drive instead of having the disk inserted in, and when you give them a good optimum solution they give you a thumbs down?



Example: Running a game that requires a cd inserted in. All you need to do is mount the .iso and poof, there you go! It's a lot safer then going to all those websites that can give you cracks but at the same time, can send virus', spyware, adware and all that jazz onto your computer.



Blah.



Sure, cracks may be a lot smaller in size but it really isn't a lot safer than .iso's if you don't know where to look and how to look for it. But, whatever.



Why do people ask for free software?spyware removal



because intelligence is often over run by the prospect of getting something for free.



I am reminded of some famous English book I read once: Avrice is the sum of all evils.



Why do people ask for free software?virus protection software



because licensed softwares are too expensive!!!
meow meoow meooooow
because they are too cheap to pay for what they want. They also don't want to listen to anyone even though they asked for advice. forget about them!
Not everyone is a NERD!!! so they would rather do it the easy way ****
I don't specifically ASK anyone for free software! (I'm not asking you...and I'm not trying to insult you by saying so.) But, in my experience, much of the free software I've found is better than the software I've purchased. For example, I think Firefox (and Opera) is better than Internet Explorer. I think OpenOffice and Google Documents are better than Microsoft Office. I think Thunderbird and Gmail and Yahoo! email and MSN mail are far better than Outlook. I think the Gimp is better than PaintShopPro. I think FireFTP is better than WS_FTP. I think AVG is better than Norton. I often also resent the prices and market domination and arrogance and lack of support of the paid-for merchants!
not all programs are .iso capable. to prevent the copying of some programs anti-copy software checks for minor inperfections in the writing of the disk, which will be skipped if copied, or if not physically present will show that it is not the original disk - see how Microsoft does Copy protection on their games for an example of 1 of about a dozen .iso defeat protections.
Because of the money and hard disk space saving, a .iso's are heavy. Besides if you have a good firewall, a good antispyware and a good antivirus you don't need to worry about downloading cracks from every website you want. Do you have something else to say?



On the other hand, that happens, you can't expect your answer to be the chosen as the best just because you think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment