Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Is it possibel that a site i visited has recorded my IP address and keeps sending me viruses?

i have avast av and it keeps alerting me that there are 2 adware and 1 trojan detected. it tells me not to worry it has aborted connecton and continues. but the same thing keeps happening every five minutes. there are 2 IP adresses on the virus notification so i guessing a site or person has my address and keeps sending it(presume it automated cos its constantly sending it). is this possible, how do i stop it?



Is it possibel that a site i visited has recorded my IP address and keeps sending me viruses?trojan



Yes it is possible to do this.I would guess you have managed to get a virus on your PC.The only way to get rid is to change your internal hard drive as the virus will be on your existing hard drive and can not be removed as it will be in the hkey registary.



Is it possibel that a site i visited has recorded my IP address and keeps sending me viruses?abtuvurys 2005



Sounds like a trojan downloader on your machine ''phoning home'' for its orders. Scan with Ewido to detect and remove.



http://www.ewido.net/en/



It would also be a good idea to check for any holes in your firewall, just in case you are being port scanned. Free firewall port test here:



http://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2



Good luck.
go to syamntec.com, a let it do a free security scan for you, it should find it, and tell you what to do about it
thru cookies yes be careful where you go and get a good anti virus program a good free one i use myself is avg you can find it at www.grisoft.com look for the free version

No comments:

Post a Comment