Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Computer Virus- Live CD?

I have a computer that has a virus/adware/spyware on it. The computer has Windows XP on it. The virus has basically infected the windows registry, so, because I am not an advanced user, I don't know how to remove the virus in Windows.



Is there any live CD Linux distrobutrion that has a virus scanner that can update from the internet and fix the viruses?



Computer Virus- Live CD?virus protection software



First of all, Windows Defender is a SPYWARE program NOT a virus program! It also has other security features but it is not a virus application.



Secondly, how are you sure you are so horribly invaded? How do you know it is in the Regristry? Linux is a differant OS than Windows, so I doubt very much any product which runs on that program will work on a Windows OS.



Now, how do you know you are so infected? I had an infection one month after purchasing my last computer which completely crashed and burned it. There was no booting up, period.



If you are able to do a regular boot up, then I am wondering if you are infected. What makes you so sure this is the situation? Did you run one of those so called Regristry checks or scans and it came back telling you that you have all these errors and viruses and you have to purchase their key to fix them? That is such a hoax. Don't fall for it. You obviously can get booted up, AND get online, so I am really doubtfull of your having a virus. I think somebody is trying to fool you or scare you for some reasons of their own and not for any good purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment